Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stuck

It really was one of those weekends.

It started out Friday night with me trying to move my treadmill and getting it stuck in the doorway. Very, very stuck. I finally had to disassemble part of it before I managed to get it unstuck yesterday afternoon.

This afternoon I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant and on the way home I managed to get my car EXTREMELY stuck in a snow drift. I couldn't dig it out at all and the couple of friends I called weren't answering.

As I was walking back to the restaurant to ask for help I passed two guys and a girl taking their two dogs for a walk. I asked if they knew anyone I could call to help get me unstuck and they offered to help. They attempted to push me out and when that didn't work they said they'd go get some shovels and would be back to help me.

I waited almost 20 minutes and it was getting dark... it was around 0 degrees, windy and nasty... and I was getting worried they might not come back... So... I went back to the restaurant where the hostess called her boyfriend to come help me. I decided to walk back to my car and said I would meet them there.

When I got back to my car I found the first two guys digging furiously - one of them was actually UNDER my car with the shovel. I feel UNBELIEVABLY guilty for thinking they might not come back. Between the two guys digging and pushing and the boyfriend and his 4-wheel drive truck pulling they got me unstuck.

Nobody would accept any money, so I offered as many thank yous as I could before they drove away.

Good Samaritans, I salute you.