Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Every year you return to the dorms they "give" you a gift. Last year it was a rainproof jacket and this year we got to choose between a breifcase or a blanket. When I went in to look at the options last spring the breifcase looked like crap and the blanket looked so-so. Yesterday they came in and when I saw the breifcases I was shocked, they were leather, not cloth, and they had a calculator, notpad & holder, and pen - not at all like the sample one they showed last spring. The blankets are still so-so... kind of ugly *shrug* oh well... they're "free" *chuckle*

I'm growing grass. For my science methods class I dug around collecting dirt for about 30 mins this morning and then in class we planted some grass seeds. I hope they grow! We get graded on whether they grow or die and we have to record everything we do to them. We all split our dirt in half and exchanged with someone else, so I have to grass pots to grow.

I have been checking the NZ Herald website everyday lately and weeee.... some depressing stuff, small countries still have murdering stepfathers and such... very sad. But there is beauty to behold as well. I'm trying to stay focussed on the positive. They have some advertisements of things to do and there's a mini-article on World of Sheep which sounds like fun... I wonder if they'd let me keep the fiber I shore from the sheep.

I'm supposed to be working at the moment, but really I've just got my headphones on - listening to my music - enjoying the calm before the storm. 25 people just went out to film some stuff for making an imovie and when they come back I'll be running around like a maniac again.