Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Fun & Unexpected

I've really enjoyed catching up with my old MN friends.

Kaylee spent one entire day being nagged by a 10 week old puppy, but she never lost her patience with him. This little guy, Riley, WORE HER OUT! He kept nipping at her ears and tackling her and she put up with him. She showed more patience than I would have thought possible and even managed to herd him away from an older dog - one that would have snapped at the little guy. She's a good momma dog!





We spent a couple of days on the North Shore with Chris & Ash where Kaylee enjoyed playing with their dog, Chamber. She didn't show the same patience she had with Riley. I'm guessing it had something to do with Riley being 1/2 her size, while Kaylee is only half Chamber's size. Plus Chamber is a year old and Riley is only 10 weeks. I guess she only has so much patience... she put Chamber in his place a couple of time, sending the big dog whimpering and running back to his human momma.


Kaylee was nice enough to pose for a pic by Lake Superior:


We also spent a couple of days down in the Twin Cities with Chris and Doug. I miss my old RA friends!

Kaylee and I (and several of our human friends) went to the county fair and resisted the urge to try the "Oofda Tacos" (only in Minnesota!)


Monday night, at trivia, I ran into Mr. Froyd (soon to be Dr. Froyd). That was... unexpected.

This Saturday I'll be attending a wedding celebration and Sunday we've scheduled a big breakfast with friends... then back to Colorado and my responsibilities!

Monday I'll pick up my sweet little kitty cat... Boy she is gonna be SOOOO ticked off at me... *cringe*