Sunday, November 29, 2009

Emergency Vet Visit

I got back last night... made it home with my luggage and everything.

I had to wait until 4pm today to pick up Kaylee...

I got a call 5 minutes before 4pm, while I was getting my stuff together, from the place that was boarding Kaylee. Apparently, while out in the play yard, an 8 month old black Lab attacked her. It happened 10 minutes before pick-up time. He was calling to tell me he was going to bring her to the vet because she needed stitches. I rushed right over to pick her up, but we had to wait an hour and a half before the vet could make it in to the clinic.

She has a (fang) puncture mark on her right should and a big gash on her left shoulder. He gave her several shots to kill the pain and semi-knock her out. She got 3 staples and 7 stitches. She's pretty out of it and I'm going to leave her sleeping in her kennel for the night.

Poor baby.

Very bad situation. Dreading the vet bill...