Saturday, July 03, 2010

Let's not do that again...

In addition to being poked with 13 needles yesterday the trip home was uber-stressfull.

1. The part of the trip that usually takes 30 minutes took an HOUR and 30 minutes, three times as long. All the people in Denver were trying to get an early start out of the big city and into the mountains for the 4th. Bad timing on my part. Didn't think about it being the Friday before the 4th when I made my appointment.

2. I almost saw an accident on the interstate - still not sure how that truck stopped in time.

3. Here in town, when I was almost home, I saw 2 pedestrians almost get hit by an idiot speeding along in his Jeep. If the wife hadn't pulled the husband back he WOULD have been hit. Best part? The driver then had the good manners to stop and yell at the pedestrians. Never mind that it IS Colorado State Law that pedestrians have right of way, they were in the crosswalk, everyone in my lane was stopped (clue) and HE was speeding and not paying attention. I really thought I was about to see two people get plowed over...

I really want to lock myself in my townhouse for the rest of the weekend to avoid traffic and stupid people.