Thursday, November 18, 2010

What a day...

I'm officially 32 years old.

We had a massive staff potluck/lunch. And if that didn't do it then it must have been the 4 cakes that filled me up.

Vanilla cake with home-made chocolate icing and fondant computer mice:


Chocolate cake with home-made vanilla icing and a computer screen with the apple logo:


Another chocolate cake with vanilla icing (the kids got to it before I could get a pic of the entire cake):


There was a pumpkin cake made by another student (and his mom), but it was gone before the camera came out too....

And my first class of the day started off right....


There were also 3 balloons (one signed by staff and students), assorted candy and cards.... And the one that really made me want to cry... A student that gave me chips and sesame seeds - part of his lunch. He wouldn't take no for an answer.... he wanted to give me something and I know that's all he had.

Days like today make me think I could never do anything else...