Friday, April 26, 2013

Suitcase + Broken Foot = Knit + Purl

Last October, at the Taos Wool Festival, I broke my foot. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom and on my way back to my bed I tripped over Mom's suitcase.

To shorten the story... 3 doctors, 2 sets of x-rays, 1 MRI, 2 different foot tapings/strappings, 1 cortisone injection, 5 weeks in a boot... and now I'm working on 6 weeks in a cast with a knee scooter - non-weight bearing. The only positive things I can say are that I've got some cute artwork:



I'm getting some crocheting done:


And I think I've finally gotten the hang of this knit and purl stuff:


The blue line is a "Life Line" - so when I mess up I can pull it back to the closest life line instead of having to rip the entire thing out or rip to a spot and try to pick all my stitches back up. Genius idea!

I've also gotten into Ravelry. Now I just need to update my Etsy store with all the new stuff I've made :)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:37 AM

    Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i
    was just wondering if you get a lot of spam feedback?
    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you
    can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to visit my homepage remote control vehicles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:16 AM

    Great post. I will be experiencing some of these issues as well.
    .

    My site radio control

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 PM

    Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?

    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    Feel free to surf to my website sensecraft.mtxserv.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:25 AM

    Hello friends, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to say regarding this
    post, in my view its truly amazing for me.

    Also visit my site ... Social.Echoeden.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:11 AM

    Undeniably consider that which you said. Your
    favorite justification appeared to be on the web the simplest factor to bear in mind of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed even as other folks think about
    concerns that they plainly do not recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon
    the top and defined out the whole thing with no need side-effects ,
    people can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more.
    Thanks

    Review my blog: akribos xxiv watches for women

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was
    extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.

    I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any points for rookie blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate
    it.

    Feel free to visit my website :: armitron watches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually recognize what you
    are talking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my web site =).
    We will have a link change contract between us

    My web page; remote control hobbies

    ReplyDelete