Friday, September 11, 2015

Dr. E ?

Could be me... hopefully.

I'm sitting in the classroom where I will have my first doctoral course. Over the next 3-4 years I will be working towards a doctorate in Educational Administration and Leadership (Ed.D.).

I'm not alone.

There are 15 people in my cohort, two of which are also my coworkers. The trip from home to here is 3 hours, but we are able to carpool. This gives us time to talk about our assignments, our worries, and our expectations. We will be side-by-side-by-side on this journey, supporting each other. We are very fortunate.

One of the perks of working for a University is that I can go to school for free. One of the perks of my union is that I can get a doctorate - for free.

I'm starting my third year in my job and I have been in my house for a full year... and it's not going to get any easier the older I get... So why not now?

Some adjectives to sum up where I'm at right now:

Excited. Worried. Anxious. Expectant. Intrigued. Nervous. Happy. Proud. Hopeful.