Thursday, November 21, 2002

Welp, I went to see the new Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets at 12:30 on Friday afternoon with my roomy. Then on Saturday I went again with my roomy and her mom. I got my hair chopped off on Sunday, and I do mean chopped. It went from about an inch below my shoulders & curly, to way above my shoulders. It's SOOOO short. I couldn't help but giggle as I looked down at the pile of hair on the floor when she was done with me.
Monday, the 18th was my 24th birthday. Yikes I'm getting up there ;) I woke up with a lovely cold : ( But other than that the day was great. I went to classes, one of my professors sang Happy Birthday to me. Everybody liked my haircut, but boy did I get some looks. I walked into my Pedagogy classroom and there was a wave of gasps reaching to the back of the class. The teacher stopped in mid-sentence and said "Whoa Aspen...." then continued. hehehehehe I gots me some attention. Eep! After my last class my roomy and I stopped by the concert that the Hall Council was sponsoring, it looked mostly dead. Then my roomy and I met our friend Janelle at Applebee’s and I had a great dinner. They sang Happy Birthday to me & I got a free chocolate sunday! Then the waitress, a girl in my math class, came out and sang to me while the waiter of the table behind us sang to another girl. A double birthday! The Applebee’s B-day song was hilarious. Something to the effect of: Welcome to Applebee’s! This is our Birthday Song! It isn’t very long, Hey!
All in all I’d say it was a good birthday. This Saturday at noon we’re going to my roomates mom's for my birthday lunch & Janelle said she’d cook me chicken parmesan sometime soon.
I got a birthday box from my parents last Friday and I talked them into letting me open it early. I got all sorts of Scooby things – gummy snacks, cereal, a candle, candy cake toppers, balloons, party-poppers, suckers, and Scooby Snacks for Queenie. Plus she sent me some mohair to spin and a beautiful scarf and hat that are very warm. Mom said she was sending me a party in a box and she was right, on top she wrote just add cake!
Gotta love my parents ; )