Friday, January 24, 2003

Hmmm... It's been since November 21st and a lot has happened since then. Where to begin....

Well I went home for Christmas and saw my family. That was great. I know I miss them, but when I finally see them I realize exactly how much I miss them. I also saw most of the people I used to work with. Many things have changed since I left, but there's some things that haven't and it was good to see people again. I also hinted around that I would be looking for a job this summer and I had five people tell me they would have a place for me, including the head hancho. That's an ego booster ;)

While I was home my parents and I went to see the breeders we got our dog Bear from. Bear was a beaultiful Belgium Shepard. He passed away two years ago this March. I know we all miss our Baby Bear. We'd had him for 14 years. He was the closest thing I've ever had to a sibling and smart. He a smart and beautiful puppy. I think my parents might get a new dog someday soon. I wonder how my baby Jake will react to that. He's 14 now and I can see it when I look at him. He wasn't sure who I was at first, and that nearly killed me. But after two days he was right by my side like he always has been. I know he won't be around much longer and ugh. Can't even talk about it or I'll cry. Jake has always been my friend. Even before I met my best friend and when I couldn't talk to anybody, even my parents, about what was going on. Jake is the best listener I've ever met and loyal to a fault. He is the epitomy of "man's best friend" lovable pooch that he is.

Anywho...
As always, I make no promises as to how often I will be updating my log. However, I will be spending a great deal of time surrounded by computers this semester. Currently I am working in the Education Computer Lab on campus. It's a good gig.
I'll be a busy beaver this semester. I have 18 credits, two jobs and I'm on hall council still. I had to give up my piano lessons for the sake of sleep. Hopefully I will be able to return to them this fall.

I'm getting closer to graduating. That's a scary thought. I have this semester and two more of classes before student teaching.
I found out that I can do my student teaching in New Zealand, if I get accepted. I've always wanted to go there and Australia too. There's two drawbacks though: I have to come up with $2000 airfare and living expenses (thus my return to the sweltering summers of Texas for a summer job) and I have to write an autobiography. Like I've done anything terribly interesting. Bah. Hopefully I can get my roomy to help me out there, being the good English major that she is.