Tuesday, December 30, 2003

I've seen all my family now, including my "little" cousins from Alabama. The oldest, Caleb, is 13 and almost an inch taller than me! I saw him and my jaw dropped. He's gonna be a big one! They're all so cute and seeing them again made me miss them even more. The younger ones, Stephen and Daniel are such cuties. They've all changed so much in the last two years. I'm thinking about taking a trip to Alabama next summer to see them for a while. I only got to spend four hours with them on Friday and that just wasn't enough.
I also saw my grandfather who's in the nursing home. That was very, very hard. He fell and broke his hip about a week before Christmas but he was out of the hospital and back in the nursing home when we saw him on Saturday. They had his leg in traction and he was in a lot of pain. He recognized us and was very happy to see us. They had just given him two pain pills and after about thirty minutes he was pretty out of it. We left for a while and when we came back he was flying high but still kind of out of it. I must say though, I'd rather see him out of it than in pain. That was unbearable.
All in all I have to say it's been a really good Christmas. I have no plans for New Years, I'll probably just hang out here with the folks... safer than driving around the metroplex at least.
Hmmm I'm stalling... need to start cleaning out some of my old junk to make room for my new acquisitions I've acquired in MN.... It'll be interesting to see in May if all my stuff fits into two rooms and a closet ;)

Oh! On the way down to see my grandfather we stopped by the breeder we got Bear dog from and she said she's about to breed a couple of her dogs and the pups would be born in March. We put in a request for a male and put a down payment... does that seem odd to you? Putting a down payment on a house, car, bike, etc... that I can see.... but a dog? Just seems odd to me, but then I tend to see dogs as partially human *shrug* Anywho, we're getting a puppy!!!!!