Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Up in the air

Everything is... up in the air.

One job prospect turned out not to be a prospect. "They" (the higher ups) decided to cancel the position, nobody knows who is going to be doing the work... It still has to be done...

My other job prospect is still out there. I'm waiting to hear something... anything...

As for what I'm doing now... Well, I'm still working for the Ed Dept. I'm in charge of the lab, making up the Fall lab schedule, helping professors with various technology needs and working (alone) on the accreditation stuff.

I *think* I'm done working for Concordia. I'm not on the schedule for this weekend (and that's the last weekend for this summer). So... unless an emergency pops up I'll have my Sundays back! Woot!

This has been a lonely summer. That's the problem with living in a College society, everyone goes home for the summer. Except that THIS year everyone has moved on/moved off... Several went back home to the cities, others moved to South Dakota and Arizona. I only have two friends left here. I have lunch once a week with one of them and the other... well things aren't so good there.

Bah.