Friday, February 20, 2009

Busy week

*EDIT* At the beginning of the week I filled out my Form of Intent - telling the school district that I fully intend to return next year in the same position. I didn't even think about it before filling it out. I need another year here. I'm not ready to move again.

Wednesday night went to trivia - got 2nd place again and won a round so we got more bar coins. Also got a line on some possible summer jobs.

Thursday night went to book club. Saw my first Colorado - Bald Eagle on the way there (thank goodness for missed turns!). Just four of us made it, three girls had to miss. Didn't talk much about my book pick - Sabriel - I don't think they really liked it. Guess I'll never get to have an in-depth conversation with someone who has read it. Our next book is one I wanted to read too though: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. I think it might turn out to be a tear-jerker... bitter sweet?

Went to Denver today to help a friend shop for a wedding dress. She's from New York and is new this year so she doesn't have a lot of friends either. I was really excited when she asked me to join her on a big day! We had fun and managed to narrow it down to a few possibilities (one I really like). Interpreted (fairly well) for a very nice woman named Elaine who was shopping for a dress for a wedding she is going to be in this summer (3 semesters of sign language - and a life-time obsession - were put to good use today!). We had lunch at Ruby Tuesday, watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and went to Target and Borders. On the way back we saw 2 foxes. Best of all, doggie survived 12 hours in her kennel and didn't even have an accident. I'm so proud and glad I don't have to clean anything up.

May go to a Silpada Jewelry party tomorrow afternoon. Not that I have any money to buy anything, but it's always nice to hang out with adult-type people (and I'm on a roll). I don't usually get much of that during the week as I'm surrounded by 11-14 year olds all day.

Got the bill for my little trip to the emergency room (when I had strep). Anyone have $870 lying around that needs a good home? Cuz that's what the hospital wants and my insurance won't pay.