Saturday, February 07, 2009

Papers and Races

I spent 8.5 yesterday (including a working lunch) grading JUST 36 papers. The district administered a writing assessment to every kid K-12 in preparation for the CSAP (state mandated test). As a result, somebody has to grade them. The papers must be graded by the NLC rubric which takes about 15-10 mins for each Middle Schoo/High School paper, which is what I was grading. It was exhausting and by about 2pm EVERYBODY'S eyes were wigging out on them. However, the 29 of us (volunteers) got quite a bit done. We made a good dent, but there's still a lot left to do. They have another day scheduled of that, but I am NOT volunteering for that again. Once a year is enough, thank you very much.

On the brighter side, I'm going to a Winter Festival today held in a small town a ways from here. I've been making some new friends and they're participating in a race, so I'm going to take Kaylee out there to watch the race - and see how she does with big crowds.

I'll try to post some pictures, if I take any worth sharing.