Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gray day

Kaylee's (and my) Christmas present from my parents was a new kennel. Her old one was all metal and she could reach through the sides to claw at stuff (floor, pillows, carpet, etc). Her new kennel is a nice, big, dark gray plastic one with solid sides.

This morning I put her in her kennel, as usual, and then I came home during 7th hour (my planning period) to let her out. I could hear her exclaiming her joy at my arrival as I climbed the stairs and when I let her out a gray streak zoomed past her... much to my surprise.

Sheba made it down the hall and halfway through the bedroom before she stopped - turned around - squawked rudely at me - then proceeded directly to her food bowl where she ate as though she had been without food for a good week.

I've got one seriously hissed off kitty cat.

Kaylee HAS to be in the kennel because she suffers from separation anxiety and tears up anything and everything she can get her paws or teeth on in my absence. Sheba, on the other hand, is an angel. There is absolutely no need for her to be kenneled. She must have been asleep in the kennel this morning (or just checking it out) when I locked Kaylee in it.

Dark gray cat. Dark gray kennel.

Easy mistake.

But try telling her that...

I've got some serious smoozing to do tonight!