Sunday, June 06, 2010

Preparations

I worked for 3/4 of the day on Friday (unusual for me) - at a training. Our district, like many others has remedial and night school courses. We've just joined a company that provides these services online and I went to the training on how to use it.

Fortunately for me, I can use bits and pieces of it for summer school.

Unfortunately for me, that means I have to go through all the bits and pieces to see what I can and can't use.

I spent about 5 hours on Saturday going through the website, trying to plan my summer school classes. I will be teaching one course each of; Reading, English and Social Studies. Luckily the Social Studies is all planned out and I managed to come up with an outline and the first week worth of lessons for English. However, I'm not really sure what to do with Reading.

It's 3 weeks, 5 days a week, 1 hr 20 mins a day - with a test every Friday. That's not a lot of time to go through an entire years worth of information.

I also spent some time yesterday vacuuming, steam-cleaning my carpets, dusting, and doing laundry. This morning I gave Kaylee a bath so she wouldn't stink up the carpets again... cuz she's a dog... that's what they do.

My house is almost ready for company, but I still have a lot of work to do with my lessons. Better get back to it... Got book club this afternoon.

Oh, and I'm still fighting off this stupid sinus infection. All the trees are blooming and I don't suppose I'll get better until their done. But at least it'll be pretty and green for Dad's trip.