Friday, August 13, 2010

Trip Details

I'm finally getting around to posting about my trip to the fiber retreat in NM and our stay in Roswell, NM.

The fiber retreat was a TON of fun. Mom and I used to go to one or two of those a year - when I still lived in Texas. When I moved to MN it just wasn't possible (logistically or financially) for me to continue going on retreats in TX and NM. We did manage to go to one in Canada - right before I moved to CO.

Thanks to Mom's prodding, I entered some of my handspun yarn in the yarn judging contest. I chose the skein of alpaca I spun at the Alpaca Days - the one where I sat and demonstrated to the guests and the alpaca ranch GAVE me the fiber....


And the results?



Yup. That's a BLUE ribbon! Guess Mom was right.... aren't they usually?



On the way back we (Mom, Aunt M and I) stopped in Roswell, NM.





Where we stopped at the UFO Museum and Research Center.




Strange but true... twice in the night the alarm radio next to my bed woke me up with that crazy buzzy/static sound they do sometimes.... and it was off... and mom was asleep... and I'm really not making it up. Was kinda creepy and totally Roswellian.


Back home - unpacking and organizing my fiber business.


BTW: Went grocery shopping today and picked up some MASSIVE green onions - they're locally grown and their scent filled up my entire car on the short drive home.... See: