Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yay! and Yikes!

I had my very first Etsy customer purchase something on January 5th. She was the first Etsy-only customer. My other Etsy customers had all bought something at the Taos Wool Festival last October. ANNNNND she just bought another skein of yarn! Another repeat customer! Thus the "Yay!"

As for the "Yikes!" I found a bump on Kaylee's chest while we were in Texas and I took her to my vet there who said it was probably nothing, but I should keep an eye on it.

So I did.... I kept both eyes on it.... and it started bleeding and then it turned black.... and my eyes didn't like what they were seeing.

I took her to our local vet last Saturday for her vaccinations and to have the bump looked at. He said it *could* be cancerous, but the only way to find out would be to remove it and send it to a lab. After a bit of consideration and a talk with my mom I decided to have it removed and sent to the lab.... that way I'll know one way or the other. The vet removed the lump today and I just picked her up. She's a bit groggy, but doing well. She's actually sleeping with one of her favorite toys right now. I'm trying to think positive thoughts. I'll have the results in 7-10 days.