Saturday, May 21, 2011

An evening...

Thursday evening I stayed late at work to finish a project. I then went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. As I was leaving I ran into four of my students. They took one look at my bag and one said, "Yum pizza!" And another said, "Oooo toilet paper. Are going to to somebody's house?"

Ah the mind of a middle school boy. And I had been wondering if I should be embarrassed about them seeing me buying tp.... Silly me!

When I got home I let Kaylee outside and I filled her food bowl. When I let her in Sheba was sniffing the filled bowl, as she does. Well Kaylee was whining and running back and forth between the food bowl, trying to chase Sheba off, and her kennel. Very odd behavior, even for her.

I went over to see what was up and discovered she had a bone in her mouth... some sort of rib bone. She was trying to protect her food bowl from the vicious feline AND keep her prize bone hidden and safe.

Now our "back yard" is really a small-ish, paved pattio area with a 4.5 ft wooden fence around it.

So my question was, "Where the heck did that come from?"

I checked and there wasn't a rotting corpse back there... which left two possibilities....

1. One of my neighbors threw the bone over their fence into my yard (we're all connected townhouses).

2. The second option, and I feel the most likely one, is that our little neighborhood fox has a crush on her and was trying to impress her. This explains his frequent visits, attempts at playing with Kaylee, and the bone miraculously appearing in our fortress-like back yard.

Now, unfortunately for Kaylee, I'm one of those insanely protecive moms and since I didn't know for sure where the bone came from, if it had been cooked and might shatter, I waited until she wasn't looking and threw it away. I'm a mean momma.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8