Monday, May 09, 2011

I'm still here....

The school year is winding down, even though we still have four and a half weeks left.

This is the time of the year when we have field trips and assemblies, our last school dance and last band and choir concerts.... there's a lot going on.

In between all of that I've was bit by the "Spring Cleaning Bug." That's keeping me pretty busy on the evenings and weekends.

I donated a full trailer-load worth of old furniture and assorted items to a local church. They have a big fund-raising garage sale every year and they even sent someone to pick it up! I'm happy to be getting rid of stuff and that it's going to a good cause. They're happy because they got a bunch of free stuff to sell at their fundraiser.

I'm participating in another fund raising event this evening. This one is a Brain Bowl Competition amongst community members - we put together a teacher team - in order to raise money for our 8th grade boys to go to the National Brain Bowl Competition in Chicago this summer! Each team chipped in $50 and the money goes towards their trip.

Tomorrow night we have Portfolio night where the parents come in and check out their kids' portfolios.

And well... you get the point!

Busy days.

I'm taking a break this weekend - going back down to the Alpaca Ranch to visit with them and with my parents who will be there for a couple of days.

I like my fortune cookie from last Friday: "Over prepare, then go with the flow."

That's how I live my life.