Thursday, February 25, 2021

Ouch!

 Mom, Dad, and I all received our second dose of the COVID vaccine yesterday (Wednesday). There's a sense of relief in having it done and in having the security it (hopefully) provides.

My arm hurt for several days after the first injection, between my shoulder joint and elbow, an intense version of the pain I get from a tetanus shot. The second dose was similar, though the pain was more focused around the site of the injection (it didn't travel down to my elbow). I woke up at 5am this morning in a LOT of pain, but I took Advil and that helped. I just reminded myself that it was better than having the virus. 

In other news, I'm working on another round of edits for my dissertation. I received some written feedback from my committee chair and we are planning to meet next week to go over things... he thinks I might be able to schedule my defense after we meet. 😅

*Edit: Well that kind of sucked. Shortly after posting the above, I laid down "for a bit" because I was SO tired. Then I was running a fever of over 100 degrees off and on for about 24 hours. I pretty much slept Thursday - Sunday morning, with little bouts of consciousness. My body was flat out demanding rest.

In addition to the fever, I had a big red splotch on my arm that was feverish, itchy, and very tender. The spot finally disappeared today (Tuesday), almost a week after the injection. The area was still very itchy yesterday. 

Not fun, but hopefully it works and keeps me from getting extremely sick with COVID. 

(Edited: March 3, 2021)