Friday, July 26, 2002

Welp my friend/roomy, kept talking about her Blog site and how much fun it was, so I decided to make my own.
I'm going to school for my Professional Education Degree (fancy way of saying Elementary Teacher).
I've just started taking classes for my degree, goodbye to lib eds! I'm having a blast in one of my summer classes that incorporates art activities with lesson plans. I might be posting some of the activities as I go along. Hopefully I'll remember to post here fairly regularly. Enjoy and if you'd like to contact me you can do so at aaspenstarshine@hotmail.com

1st Creative Project:

I finished a project for my Creative Expressions class last night. Janelle, a friend, gave me the idea, she had done it in one of her elementary classes.

Supplies:
1 glass bottle (not too big)
1 bottle Elmer's Glue
1 paint brush (about 1/2")
Water
Bunches of old magazines you can cut-up

Directions:
Cut out words, phrases, and/or pictures that describe yourself or are things that you really like.
Glue the pieces of paper to the bottle anyway you like. If you can find different colors and different fonts it makes the end result even better.
When you're done take the water and glue and make a milky-like mixture. Using the paint brush, lightly brush over your bottle. This catches any of those corners you might have missed :) Be careful not to do it too thickly or you might wind up with a white filmy covering.
Another option is to take brown water colors and lightly go over the project (though I would recommend doing the glue first anyways). This will give it an antique look. I suppose you could try other colors as well, just be sure to do it lightly, you don't want to lose your words!