Wednesday, June 11, 2003

For my summer class we are required to do at least two literature circles, perhaps three if we have time. My group just finished our first book, The House of Dies Drear by Virginia Hamilton. It's a very well written historical fiction book in which a family moves into an old house which was a stop on the underground railroad during the time of slavery. I enjoyed the book, though it was hard to only read a designated set of chapters at a time, especially since it's rather suspenseful. Today we acted out a scene from it and I was narrator.

I'm not sure what book I'll be assigned next, but any of the ones from the list he provided us would be good. We wrote down our preferences and he's going to tell us tomorrow which one we get.

I hung out with some girls I hadn't seen in quite a while, we watched the movie Old School. I hadn't planned on seeing it, but when they asked me to come watch it I said sure, why not. It was pretty funny, in a very dirty sort of way.

I need to go buy BTVS fourth season on dvd! Think I'll head over to the store after I get off work ; ) Must keep up my supply of Buffy... now that... *sniff* it's over.... *sigh* It was great while it lasted! And I did miss one episode last season, so that'll be new when they finally bring out the last season on dvd : )

Word of the Day: Splendiferous

Picture of the Day: Purty Flower