Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Bear-hugging Albanians, change of plans, and other bits...

Went to my favorite Italian restraunt tonight for my last meal (in Texas). Mom, Dad, Jeremy and I had a good visit and filled our bellies. Luigi, owner, said hi, gave me a hug and wished me well. I appologized for not having been able to talk with him before and he said it was alright and he loves me anyways *smile* As we were leaving one of the other brothers gave me a hug that nearly stopped my breath, strong lil fella ;)

I received a call from my new boss last night. He asked if I would be interested in changing floors. Instead of moving to another dorm I just have to move to the third floor of the same wing I'm on now. It was a tough choice, dorm A= non-smoking, smallest dorm, lake view, movable furniture. dorm B= students older than average (23 plus), smoking, medium sized dorm, non-movable furniture, lake view. The big cincher was that Steve (boss) feels I'm better suited for dorm B because they have more of a sense of community and will be more active and I want an active floor. So, dorm B it is. Added bonus=dorm B has elevator for moving purposes :) I feel special cuz he gave me a choice of which floor I would prefer to be on. He's a good guy and I'm excited to have him as my boss.

It's always hard when I say goodbye.... I know I'll see everyone again at Christmas - or at least I hope I'll be able to, with new job I'm not sure. It's still rough. There are so many wonderful people here I love and who love me. I know when the time comes to leave Minnesota it's going to be just as bad, probably worse. I will have lived there for three years and I have made many friends. The difference between leaving TX and leaving MN is I knew I'd come back to TX. When I leave MN I'll only come back, maybe once a year, to visit. Plus I'm leaving my bestest friend in the whole-wide-world behind. Ugh. But I refuse to think about that now. Who knows where I'll wind up eventually, I sure don't.