Thursday, August 07, 2003

Had fun visiting my grandparents and got to see my new baby cousin. After a good visit there we headed over to Shreveport and I pretty much broke even, always good.
On the way back we stopped at the dog kennels of the lady who breeds Belgium Groenendaels and we had a good visit with the puppies. Ever since our baby Bear died two and a half years ago my parents have been considering getting a new puppy from the same people.

Been working at the shop when I'm not visiting the doctors :P
Had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Monday about my wrist pain and he set me up for an MRI on Tuesday morning. I always thought those were no-big-deal and I suppose if I had been laying normally it wouldn't have been. Since it was my right wrist they were examining though, it became somewhat of an ordeal. I had to lay on my stomach, which causes me back pain, and reach my right arm all the way up above my head, which killed my shoulder and made the rest of my are go numb, except for my wrist which throbbed. Then I bent my left arm and tucked it under my head which I turned to the left. My left arm went completely numb and it took almost fifteen mins for me to regain all the feeling. (should have seen me trying to put on my left earring. By the time I was done everything above my waist was either throbbing or completely numb. BAH!
I picked up the results yesterday and took them over to the orthopedic guy and now I'm waiting on his diagnosis. Though I did sneak a peek at the report from the hospital - "ganglian cyst just inferior to the pisiform bone" which is apparently 7.0 mm in diameter. Sounds awefully big to me.... but have to wait for the Dr to tell me what he wants to do.

Waiting for Jeremy to call me so we can make plans to go see a movie and maybe catch some dinner.
Better get to cleaning my house like I was supposed to be doing all day... slept in, went on a hunt for my grandfather who took off walking and scared everyone in the family - he has a tendancy to disappear and he's 87 and it's above 90 degrees outside, lots of traffic and construction, etc... He turned up back at his house safe and sound *sigh* doesn't bother him a bit, but gives everyone else close-to-heart-attack states.

Yeah...k.... cleaning house now.