Thursday, February 12, 2004

During last nights RA Staff Meeting we drew pictures of each other. Steve had us pick someone, at random, and draw them on a piece of paper. Then he held them up and we had to guess who the picture was of and then the artist had to confess. It was a fun activity and two different people drew me. One drew me with huge feet *cough* and a skirt (which I never wear) but I looked "motherly" and since everyone calls me "Mother" everyone knew who it was. The other picture had me holding a ball of yarn, this was really funny to me. I always bring my crochet with me to meetings so of course everyone knew it was of me :) I thought it was cute.
Again I was reminded of how much I love my fellow RA's.
There's the "Class Clown" who's always an inch from getting in trouble because he's being too rowdy... marking me with pens or smacking me, etc. The "Terrible Twosome" who also make trouble by stealing things from me, ie: my scarf last night. Their sense of humor is a bit off... sometimes they're funny, but usually they're mildly annoying - all in good fun though. And now that an RA from last year is back in Linden they've got another conspirator. She encourages them! Yeesh, just what they needed, more incouragement. There are the quiet ones, and then the one who is always asking questions. And our ring leader, the "Boss Man." What a group :) ::heart:: RA Family.

I've been feeling homesick already. This is very unusual. Usually I don't get that way until a few weeks before I go home. I think it's really a blend of emotions about ending my time here. I am looking forward to having my parents come up, finally, and see where I've been living for the past three years. I'm looking forward to graduating and a summer of luxury in the northland. And I'm especially looking forward to going to New Zealand. What I'm not looking forward to is having to leave this wonderful place, school, home... I've made so many friends here and Aya's family has taken ahold of a huge chunk of my heart. There are definitely going to be tears when the time comes for me to leave.... probably end of July. *sigh* /love MN

I have been thinking more about grad schools. This one is on the top of my list, followed closely by CSU, U of Colorado, and Montana State University in Bozeman. All three states are places I love to be and I know people here and in Bozeman... well my dad's friends are in Bozeman... but I'd have connections :) Of course I've always felt at home in Colorado too. So many options! What a wonderful life I'm leading. I have so many choices and so many great choices, just the choosing part is hard. I'm still wanting to stay in New Zealand or possibly Australia to teach for a year or two. If that doesn't work I'm going to look into going to Italy for eleven weeks to help a teacher over there perfect their English.... Weeeeee!