Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Sleepless in Texas

Ugh! I'm so excited about my trip I can hardly sleep... literally!

Three days left and I'm averaging 4 hours of sleep a night. Not quite the 8-9 my body desires. I have a feeling I'll sleep on the plane and then for a day when I get there.

I called the Graduate Studies office to ask if they received my application online and the lady said they had. She also told me I should be receiving something in a day or two... does that mean by mail or internet? I should have asked but I was shocked to hear her say I would find out so soon. So I might actually know whether I'm accepted in the next day or so... before I leave! Woot!

I just finished a book by Hilari Bell called Flame. It is the first in a new series she is writing called The Book of Sorahb and I rather enjoyed it. It starts out kind of slow but midway through the book it gets going and then she leaves you hanging - big time at the end. I can't wait for the next one to come out! I checked Amazon and they say the next one, Wheel, doesn't come out until next May and apparently it's a trilogy. I'm still waiting for the 6th book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince which they have not set a release date for. Series books are evil! They get you wrapped in and then keep you waiting for the next installment! Hmmm... evil but soooo good!

Check out my About Aspen page for updates :)