Thursday, August 26, 2004

Week 2 is Over

Yes! I've made it through my second week of student teaching.

I had my first evaluation, by my cooperating/supervising teacher, and it went quite well. She pointed out a lot of positive things I did and gave me some very helpful recommendations for things I can work on in the future. She's been SO incredibly supportive and because of her I haven't been nervous about teaching or lesson planning. I'm learning a great deal from her.

I'm going to a party tonight. The Deputy Principal of the school is throwing a shin-dig at her new home and she's invited all the staff. I'm excited about that, it should be a blast.

You'd think I'd have loads to write about. Maybe my poor brain is just tired of processing information. I can't think of anything terribly exciting to tell you.

I can say that I'm having the time of my life. I'm usually tired by the end of the school day, but it is a good tired. I think the constant energy of the kids and having to always look around and see & hear all, is the main drain on my energy. But! The kids are good and the other teachers are good. I've had lots of invitations to see other classrooms, though I've only made it to one other so far. There has also been a recommendation that I go see some of the other schools in the area.

I might go fishing again tomorrow night, depending on the weather. I'm definitely going over to J's place to watch a movie - Star Wars Return of the Jedi is on.

The most excitement I have outside of school is a guy I'm living with. Let me rephrase - I'm boarding in the same place as him - the one who loves to give me a hard time. We keep each other entertained.

I finally had time to read Aya's blog. WOOT Metallica & WOOT sleep-overs on the farm :) Sounds like you're having all sorts of fun. Hopefully you find time to sleep during training - as I recall that was a bit difficult last year.

Hope all my American friends & family are doing well. I miss you guys.