Thursday, April 26, 2007

Catching Up

So....

Mom and I had a wonderful time in Canada - met some lovely people - learned how to make needle-felted teddy bears - got a little lost in downtown Winnipeg - and went to the Winnipeg Zoo. We're both hoping we can go back to the retreat next year, as all the people there were asking us to come back and we had a fantastic time.

I have a couple of pictures I'll be posting, but I'm at work at the moment.

In addition to our Canada adventure, my mom met most of the people I work with and many of my friends, she went to my Web Writing class, shopped downtown Walker, and relaxed. We saw lots of dear, a woodchuck, osprey, other assorted birds, and a porcupine.

Coming back to work = lots of catching up and everybody wanting me RIGHT NOW... well not everybody... just a few... but it kind of felt like everybody. I think/hope I'm caught up with work now.

Time to work on stuff for my online class... last chapter response is due tonight.

Also... I saved the best for last...
I've been stressing horribly about what will happen in December - I'll be done with my degree and without a job. Well... I spoke to the Dept Chair (my boss) and I told him about the new Electronic Writing Certificate being offered by our English Dept. I've taken all but one course for the Certificate, so (on recommendation of the Chair) I'll be taking that one course this fall and transferring my thesis credits to the spring. This means I'll have my GA (job) through May. I won't be out on my ear in December! VERY, VERY, UNBELIEVABLY, GOOD NEWS!

My stress level just decreased majorly. Plus I get to stay up here for another year - and I LOVE it here!

/happy