Saturday, May 05, 2007

Subbing 4.0

Yesterday morning @ Lincoln, 4th grade. The class had a student teacher in his last week of teaching, so he taught and I wandered around helping kids.

Yesterday afternoon was Career Day at the Middle School, where I spoke to two groups of about 20 kids (each) about my career: Teacher. It was actually really fun. They had lots of questions for me and I was able to answer all of them! Other careers that were represented: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Chiropractor, Foreign Language Teacher, Dirt Bike Racer, Police, Sheriff, Fireman, Child Care, Horse Riding, Small Business, etc. There were a lot more people there, but I didn't get a chance to see what they all did... mostly the uniforms of the service guys and the law enforcement stood out. It's an awesome opportunity for these kids, who can start taking classes related to careers in High School and it seems like they really enjoyed it.

Last night Aya, D, his friend, and I went to see Spiderman 3. Uhm.... pretty much awesome! I was not disappointed.

This weekend is all about finishing stuff for my online class - since I am leaving town on Thursday.

Monday is a full-day sub of Kindergarten! at HM. I'm soooooo excited. They'll probably come up to my knees! LOL! I better get lots of rest the night before so I can run around with them :)