Sunday, March 16, 2008

Crack Kitty

This is kind of sad and more than a little funny with a dash of annoying for good measure.

When I was home during Christmas break I bought a big container of cat nip for Sheba. I've been giving her a pinch a day, every other day or so.

This morning she woke me up at 8:14 am (yes I was trying to sleep in) crying. She doesn't really "meow" she squawks and when she's upset she sounds a lot like an angry/upset baby. So that's what I woke up to *squawk* *Squawk* *SQUAWK!*

And so it went for over 2 hours. I checked and she had water, food and a clean cat box. I tried loving her and she didn't act like she was hurt just really upset and trying to tell me something REALLY important. I was flipping between mega-concerned for her well-being and annoyed because that is not a sound you want to hear for two hours straight.

Finally I called my dad to see if he had any suggestions. I told him the only thing I hadn't tried was giving her cat nip. He said to go for it - and I did.

And guess what? As soon as I said "Sheba, do you want some cat nip?" She started squawking double-time and looking between me and the cabinet I keep it in. Yeah. She's freaking smart when it comes to food and drugs.

So I gave her some and she stopped squawking. Thank goodness.

She spent the rest of the day sleeping, until about 15 minutes ago when I went into the kitchen to make some tea. Then she came running into the kitchen and started squawking again and looking at the cabinet.

I told her "No way! No kitty nip for you. You'll just have to face the cruel hard world of life without drugs."

/sigh

It's my fault. I've totally spoiled her. I'm a baaaad mommy.