Thursday, June 12, 2008

Falling into place...

My application for a Colorado teaching license has been approved and I'm just waiting for them to print it off and mail it to me.

I received my contract in the mail, but it needed minor alteration. Today I spoke with my future boss and she assured me it will all be sorted out and a new contract will be mailed to me.

I set a date for my move and scheduled a walk-through with the moving company for next week. We (my parents and I) decided to opt for a moving company rather than having Dad drive all the way here, then to Colorado and back to Texas. In the long run it's only a little bit more to have professional movers do it and it'll save both our backs.

Finishing up the first week of Upward Bound. The kids seem (for the most part) very enthusiastic about the classes and I'm teaching stuff I really enjoy. For my Sci Fi & Fantasy Lit Class we're reading The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer, the author of the Artemis Fowl series. For my Video Production class my students will be making a promo video for UB, but they're also begging to make a comedic/silly one too. Overachievers!