Friday, June 13, 2008

Master

After 3.5 years I'm finished. I officially have a Masters of Science in Education.

My defense went well... Aya and R showed up, along with a professor who wasn't on my committee... then of course there were the four committee members and me.

I started out excited and once I started talking I was nervous for about ten minutes, but I calmed down and found my groove. The questions posed by the committee members made me think, which is what they're supposed to do. I felt really supported and I sensed that the committee members really liked what I had to say.

It hasn't fully hit me yet. At some point I'm going to REALLY realize that I'm completely finished. I don't have any more classes to go to, papers to write, tests to take...

Not for a few years at least.

Eeeeeeeee!

The chair of my committee gave me these beautiful lady slippers before the defense and the book afterwards: