Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Packing

I spent a good bit of time this past weekend going through things in my garage. Most of what was there had been in storage for at least 3 years. Needless to say I was able to purge a great deal. And that feels GOOD.

Now that my garage is done I'm starting work on what's IN my apartment.

I had a slight distraction on Monday/Tuesday when an old RA friend and his wife came up to visit. It was really good to see them... the last time I saw them was at the beginning of October, for Aya's wedding.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with Sharon!

This weekend I'll be making a trip down to the Twin Cities to visit some old friends. Probably the last time I'll see them for quite a while :( If anybody else down there has some time this weekend and would like to meet up just leave me a comment.

I mailed my apartment lease and teaching contract today. Yay!

Upward Bound is going well. I had to mix things up a bit this week in my Sci Fi/Fantasy class - they were about to fall asleep on me! I've had them playing games and moving around, so it's been much better. My Video Production class has been a bit of a struggle to get started, but we start filming tomorrow and I'm hoping that gets my students more excited than sitting around brainstorming and writing scripts.

Oh! And some of my friends have promised me a ride on their pontoon before I leave. Woot!

Something tells me the next four weeks are going to absolutely FLY by.
*sigh*