Monday, August 11, 2008

A phone call...

... from the moving guy!

According to him, he may or may not be able to deliver my goods this evening. If not, he'll be here first thing in the morning.

Exciting!

That's a good feeling/emotion to have. Over the last few weeks I've had all sorts of other, less pleasant feelings...

Worry - about when/if/how my stuff will get here, if I made the right decision to move away, what my life will be like here, if I'll be any good as a teacher, if the kids will eat me alive...

Anger/Annoyance - at the moving company for not keeping their word.

Sadness - for leaving my friends in MN and the VERY comfortable life I'd built for myself there. I REALLY miss everything about that place.

Restlessness - I need things to do. I'm always better when I'm working or going to school. Too much time alone, without set tasks is NOT healthy for me.

Lazyness - There's a few minor things around the apartment I could have been doing, but I have no drive. I think all the other emotions/thoughts are drowning out my initiative.

Hmm... I sound like a half-crazy woman.

I'm not.

Not really.

I'm just going through a HUGE transition and it's going to take me some time to adjust. The first day of school is Sept 2nd and I start training later this week. I hope I feel more confident after I've had a dab of training. At this point, I don't even know what my daily schedule is.

If nothing else, I'll be around other people again and I'll have a set structure to my life. Both good things.