Saturday, August 02, 2008

Guess what!

I'm in Texas.

Betcha didn't see that one coming.

Did ya?

Ha! Gotta keep you on your toes.

Actually... it was all very spur of the moment. I got a call from the movers yesterday morning and they said that the earliest my stuff would be delivered is next Wednesday. I decided my time could be better spent at home, visiting with my family, than sitting alone in an empty apartment.

So here I am.

I drove the 14 hours yesterday from 11:30am to 1:30am (mountain time).

Of course Mom is in New Mexico on a fiber retreat with my aunt and a friend... They won't be back until Monday afternoon. Dad and I kept ourselves entertained today.

I'm happy with my decision to come back here... even if it is 105 degrees, plus humidity. Ugh. So miserably hot.

August + Texas = Aspen nearly fainting... literally...

*sigh*