Saturday, May 16, 2009

If I'd only remembered my camera

So the class went well yesterday and I did learn how to do some new things - just by people asking me questions and me having to figure it out.

I had lunch with a friend - the one I went wedding dress shopping with. At the end of my class she invited me over last night to watch Yes Man (funny).

While I was over there last night she and her fiancé invited Kaylee and I to an outing/hike this morning. His family owns quite a bit of property up in the mountains (well it's kinda all mountains around here) and they were taking her guinea pig (Leo) out to graze on some fresh grass (and they the fiancé was going to show us some property he's about to build on).

Leo (the pig) was cute and just sat there and ate grass, but Kaylee was a hoot. She fetched sticks and her tennis ball.

We were out there for 2 hours and we hiked up and down and all around the property/mountain/hill. There's a pond out there and at first Kaylee didn't want to go near it, but she slowly approached it and sniffed and sampled the water, but then she got braver and really hyper and started running around the pond, splashing in and out of the mud and puddles... And out of nowhere she jumped right into the middle of the pond... the pond that was deeper than any of us (including her) thought. She totally disappeared under the water and for 1/2 a second I thought I was going to have to jump in and save her - then she surfaced and started splashing and dog paddling to shore. When she reached land she ran straight to me (sitting on a rock) and jumped in my lap. Wet and muddy! I pushed her off (instinct) and I guess she decided since I wasn't going to save her because she ran as far away from the pond as she could get. I felt kind of bad about pushing her off so I called her back and gave her some good pets, but she didn't try to splash in the water again.

It was hilarious.

We were all laughing hysterically because she was so hyper and ridiculous and funny. If I'd only remembered my camera!

For the rest of the hike she was tamer, but trotted around happily.

I had fun, she had fun, and my friends had fun. I think even the guinea pig had fun.

And it is BEAUTIFUL out there - mountains, animal tracks, aspen groves, a baby pine tree growing out of the old, rotting stump of a dead pine tree... If I'd only remembered my camera!