Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Victory Ranch Alpacas - Memorial Day '09

I drove down on Friday and got there around 4:30pm. They'd just had a baby at 2:40pm and there were two other babies (one a couple of weeks old and one about a week old).

It was rainy Friday and Saturday, but Sunday and Monday were beautiful.

I helped out around the ranch/with the animals (carried the baby around) and on Sunday I spent a large portion of the day sitting in the store doing spinning demonstrations. I even gave an impromptu spinning lesson.

I left Victory Ranch three skeins of my hand spun yarn and they gave me more alpaca to spin! Woot!

I even managed to wrangle the critters on my own on Saturday night when everyone else was gone... even the ones that snuck into the barn and weren't supposed to be there.

Below are pictures of babies, hats, puppies and peeps.

This is the baby that was born right before I got there:


The rest of the babies - they love to run around first thing in the morning:




Zeus - he's one of the older Great Pyrenees, but he was rolling around in the dirt just like a puppy :)


This is Hamsa, my favorite VR doggie:


One of the ladies that works at the store used some of my parents' hand painted yarn to make this hat:



And some of the Victory Ranch Peeps:


Overall, a great weekend.