Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thanks doc

"Your sinuses are a mess."

All of my sinuses (cheeks, forehead, and behind the eyes) are... a mess. He wants to operate to straighten my septum and do a sort of "angioplasty" on my sinuses... basically open up my sinuses and make them wider. The problem is the blood vessels in the sinuses don't move the blood fast enough so the linings swell up and mucus accumulates, letting the germs multiply (it's like their own little paradise). The deviated septum doesn't help matters because it also inhibits drainage. Both of these things lead to lots of sinus infections and when you get sick you stay sick longer because the germies can't drain properly, which describes me to a T.

So... sometime this summer I'll go in to have my head Roto-Rootered. Yay.

On the plus side, when it's all said and done, I should be able to breath a LOT better... and while I may still have sinus infections (because of my allergies) they shouldn't last as long or be as severe... plus when I get sick (colds, flus, etc) I shouldn't stay sick as long.

Random: I saw a funny bumper sticker: "Fish tremble at the sound of my name."

hehehe