Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Halloween Phantom

I heard a knock on my door this evening and when I went to check it out there was a sheet of paper and a cookie on my porch.

The letter said:

Dear Neighbor,

You have been "Hit" by the Halloween Phantom!! You must now strike TWO neighbors, or the Phantom will haunt you for the rest of October! OH NO!

PS you must place a note stating you have been hit outside your door so the phantom doesn't strike again!

Love always XOXO
Your Neighborhood Phantom

Now this alone was funny.... but since I was outside I decided to let Kaylee go potty. She headed around the side yard and we both heard a sound....

Kaylee went on point and said "Woof!"

I heard hysterical giggles and Kaylee ran around behind me.... yes behind me. She is apparently an "alert dog" after all.

Around the corner of the house were two kids (one of my students and her little brother).

We were all laughing and trying to figure out who had left the original note on their door... which had prompted them to "hit" me and one other neighbor.

hehehe.... "Woof!"