Friday, May 09, 2003

BLARGH!

*sigh* I'm too nice. I was scheduled to work from 11-1pm today and then I was going to be free... I worked until one and realized my replacement hadn't showed up. I looked over the list to see who was to come in and saw a note from them saying they couldn't work and they needed someone to cover their shift so they could take their final. The thing is that note was NOT there Wednesday, which means they just put it up there yesterday (my day off). There were people in the lab and I didn't want to have to kick them out so I'm staying until 2pm when the next person is supposed to come in.

BLARGH!

I wanted to be free at 1pm. *sigh* oh well....

On a happier note I found out yesterday I have my very own room from now until the time I graduate. I might have gotten stuck with a roommate (yuck) but I was the last person on the wait-list contacted. Lucky me! So not only do I get to just move once from now until next May, but I get my own double-as-a-single room and it faces the lake. The only thing which might alter this is if I were to be offered an RA position.

Also, I had talked to a Dr. on campus about being the faculty advisor for an ASL club I want to start, he said he had too much on his plate. Apparently, however, he spoke to another Prof (who I like very much, had him as a teacher, his wife used to be an interpreter) and this guy ran into me yesterday - he said that he would be happy to be the faculty advisor for an ASL club on campus, if he returns next year. That's the catch.... he may not be coming back, he'll know in three weeks though. I hope he does, he's a good guy. Even if the ASL club doesn't work out then I think I might have an unofficial one, just a bunch of friends getting together to practice.

I'm finished with most of my classes now, just la3 and math, and my ta class to go.

Grades
Music = A
Art = A
Math = B? (hopefully no less)
Social Studies = ?
TA = A
LA3 = ?

I got a 90 on that math test from Monday I was worried about.
Halfway done with my take-home portion of the final for math and need to study for Wednesday's in-class portion.
Need to study for my LA3 in-class final on Monday & hopefully will be showing the class our iMovie.
TA for the creative expressions final on Thursday night and then this semester is OVER!

Word of the day: Mollify

Picture of the day: Tornado