Monday, June 28, 2004

Friends, Lists & Changes

Our English writer friend went back home last Friday - it was a good week, though both she and Aya were exhausted by the end.

Saturday afternoon I received a call from two of my friendly ra fellows who were here for a visit. Had lunch and dinner with them and they stayed over for fireworks, smores, and fun. Love those two :) I already miss them so much.

Danger... New Hobby!
For graduation Aya bought me a scrapbooking kit... uh huh... addiction! I started on it yesterday and OMG it is so much fun. I love organizing and making things pretty - add to it the fact that I get to do both these things with stuff that means a lot to me and DING DING DING! We have a winner. I could really get into this. You can bet there will be multiple scrapbooks after my Fall 2004 adventures!

I have less than two weeks left in beautiful MN. Beautiful MN... there's something I would never have said five years ago, prior to my first visit here. I love everything up here, the trees, the lake, the weather, the people, the school... For the first time in my life I fit in... in every aspect; school, work, friends... I've had one or two of these at a time, but never all three. Now I'm spoiled. I want this to continue in my life and of course there are no guarantees of this. I hope that makes sense... Basically I've enjoyed my three years here immensely and I'm very sad to be leaving.

Happily I have much to look forward to in the near future - hopefully that will ease my separation anxiety!

PS: trying something new with the link/title options... hope it works!