Monday, June 07, 2004

In, Out, Up, Down, All Around...

I've been a bit busy lately:

*Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban

*The Day After Tomorrow

(Both well worth my $4.50 :)

*More cleaning and rearranging - going through my things and deciding what goes to storage and what goes with me.

*Enjoying the outdoors, sunning myself and wishing I could move back up here instead of Texas.

*Hanging out with friends and thinking about how I'll miss them and wishing I could move back up here instead of Texas.

*Playing some PS2.

*READING! Finally finishing two books I had started this Spring semester and starting on a few others I've been wanting to read for a while now.

*Studying for the dreaded Praxis II tests which are THIS Saturday - trying not to have a panic attack about them.

*Pricing my trip to Australia, New Zealand, & Hawaii. There is absolutely no way I could do this without the money I received from the accident in which my grandmother was killed. I've known for years that it was coming but never knew what I'd do with it. Now, I have no doubt that my grandmother would have wanted me to use it for this trip. She loved to travel herself and of all the things to use it on, finishing my degree and enjoying an amazing trip have got to be worth it. Though I know this, it still makes me a little sad.


The vet had to do exploratory surgery on Lux to find out what exactly was going on with him. Apparently he got into something toxic or ate a pill off the ground... something. His liver is all icky and they're having to force-feed him and praying it stays down. If he makes it through this and they can get his liver settled down he'll be ok... but he has a 50/50 chance of making it through this.... Poor baby :( /sigh


This 8am - 6pm shift with no break is turning out to suck more than I thought. The first six hours flew by as I kept busy cleaning and such. But even I can only spend a few hours staring a a computer screen before I start seeing dots. Add to that the fact that this room, with 40+ running computres, on the 4th floor, doesn't seem to have a working air conditioner.

Yup... all updated now.