Monday, December 06, 2004

DOLPHINS

Yup!
I did it, number 2 on my list-of-things-to-do-before-I-die!
I swam with dolphins!
Dusky dolphins here in Kaikoura.
Cold water - 12ft + swells - little sea sickness, but I did get in the water and swim with them :) And managed not to get sick *cough* thank goodness!
No pictures from being in the water with them - too murky - darn storms. Had opportunity to take pictures from the boat though. I'll try to find time to post some dolphin jumping pics - if any come out - so hard with the swell and they're so fast!
But I did it!
/bounces around for joy

Weather turned icky again - cold rainy windy.
Going back to watch the third LOTR - watched the first two - one each of the last two nights. It's such a different experience now - having seen some of the sites where they filmed and even seeing landscape so similar to those in the film. Looking at the movie through a new set of eyes.