Saturday, December 04, 2004

I'm Back!

Back in Kaikoura - love of my life! Well... you know :)

I missed out on Mt. Cook - opted for the West Coast route and saw the glaciers and pancake/blow hole rocks.

I saw both Fox and Franz Josef glaciers - kinda neat. Wasn't swooning over them or anything though.

Spent last night in Nelson and drove into Kaikoura today. Feels good to be back. Staying at same place as last time and guy remembered me and stuff :) Was nice.
I swear the rain is following me though - been nothing but rain, especially the last week - and here in Kaikoura I just got poored on. Hoping it lets up tomorrow - wanna hang out at the beach!
I'm on the waiting list for swimming with the dolphins - REALLY hope I get in on that. If not I could still do it up north.

Feeling much better, just a residual cough - slightly annoying.

Getting excited about Christmas with the family and going back to MN - seeing friends again. Can't beleive I'm leaving the South Island in 3 days - doesn't seem possible. And leaving NZ in two weeks... we won't even go there.

Hmmm.. thought I'd have more to say. Nothing too exciting has happened though - just lots of driving.
Oh! I finally got to see a KIWI! The feathered kind! I spent night before last in Hokitika and they have a little aquarium-zoo-type thing. It was dark, as they're nocturnal - but I did get to see not one, but two kiwis! Very exciting. Unfortunately, the tuatara was in hiding. Also a LOVELY view of the Tasman Sea - gorgeous - from a restraunt there.

LOL oh I stopped at Cape Foulwind - aptly named - Seal Colony there. Needless to say, somebody had a good sense of humor - cute furry critters, but you can smell 'em, that's for sure! And they had BABIES! One that was JUST born - you could tell - it was still wobbly and stuff and not much bigger than a sea gull.

LOADS of pictures to upload and I'm at this awesome internet place in Kaikoura - same place I uploaded whale and dolphin pics - so I'll try to get some more pictures posted in the next day or two - have to go check on my position on waiting list for swimming with the fishies!

/keeping my toes crossed



For my benefit!
Just in case!