Thursday, August 11, 2005

Trips: Planned & Unexpected

Aya and I went to check out the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks on Tuesday. After an hour walking tour we agreed it is a beautiful campus (old brick buildings and a clock tower). Unfortunately, after asking lots of questions Aya found out they don't have what she needs for her PhD. So, she's back to searching for her perfect school.
After Grand Forks, we took an unscheduled detour to Fargo to see her grandpa. He had a triple-bipass on Wednesday morning. He's doing well and we're all hoping he'll feel much, much better once he's up and running again.

The new computers are in the lab, ready to go (minus one bad monitor which should be replaced soon). It was a painless process, but I'm greatly relieved to have it over and done with.

My dad is coming tomorrow and I've got lots of things for him to choose from.

I can't believe I'm moving into the dorms next Monday/Tuesday.
/boggle