Wednesday, August 31, 2005

First Day Madness

Yesterday was long, stressful, and my first day of being the official-school-year-GA.
Lots and lots of questions.
Lots of problems.
One really rude person.



However, it ended well with a nice floor meeting. My girls started out so quiet, but I got them talking by playing a couple of games. I think they were having fun. Of course I had to leave for staff meeting right when it was getting good. I left them with snacks and in good moods, so I hope they had fun after I left and didn't run back to their rooms. So far I am the only one who has my door open, but I'm hoping to get them out of their shells.

Today has been a bit quieter and without all the hecticness I've been able to get a good bit of work done.

I posted some pictures on my photoblog the other day - mostly from when dad was here, and a couple from this summer.

This past week and a half-two weeks has been so insane I had no idea there was a massive hurricane coming.... seriously.... how pathetic is that. I would go to breakfast at 7:30 and be in meetings/activities or working on my floor stuff until about 10-11pm when I'd finally crawl into bed and pass out. Even the weekend was crazy and of course starting classes. So I had no idea about the hurricane until Monday night. Apparently my cousins in Alabama are safe. I was watching the news footage last night and yikes..... unbelievable destruction. Unbelievable....