Saturday, November 19, 2005

Another year older and only slightly more bruised

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, minus Froyd ;)

Got to see HP twice, once at the 12:01am showing and once at the 4:30pm showing. Much easier to process in the afternoon. LOTS of stuff coming at you really FAST. Not sure how I would be able to follow it unles I had read the books, but other people got it. I think reading the books just gives you so much more insight into what the little things mean - and this was all I could think about the first time I saw it - they skipped that, that person didn't do/say that, that's right on, what's next?.... which made the second time I watched it much easier, because I knew what was coming and I was able to enjoy it for what it was. Not sure if that makes any sense....

I had a fun dinner at Applebee's with some friends, though I felt bad for our poor waiter - not that we were a rowdy bunch, it's just there were quite a few of us and I think big groups must suck for waiters/waitresses.
Aya got me a boogie-snow-board-thingy. I think she's trying to kill me.... or maybe she's just found something she really loves and is trying to get her best friend to enjoy it with her. Or maybe she's had enough of me, wants me gone, knows what a klutz I am, and figures this is the fastest way ;)
Cool looking board game from D... looking forward to giving it a spin... *cough*hint*Aya*cough*

HP and Applebee's were the highlights of my day. The rest of my day sucked though. I received some rather bad news (I'd say very bad - but nobody died or got hurt). Spent the majority of the day writing a letter to appeal a decision which has been made. BAH! Freaking sucks. I'm going to wait until I find out the decision of the appeal before I share the details. But I will say if they say no my life will be changing.

BAH-ity-BAH-BAH-BAH
/sigh