Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Thanksgiving that Sucked

Well... Where do I start.
I'm still waiting to hear that life-changing news. The powers-that-be are 'working on it.' I got an update today and it's not sounding good.

I left last Tuesday for Texas. I got sick the day before I left and I only got worse while I was down there. I gave up and went to the Dr. who gave me some serious anti-biotics but I've used the last of it today and I'm still sick, though I am better than I was.

I did manage to have Thanksgiving dinner with my Mom's family and dinner on Saturday with my Aunt & Uncle on my Dad's side.

Friday was an unbelievably sad day. My sweet baby Jake - and she starts tearing up - who lived to the ripe old age of 17... I had him put to sleep on Friday. That sweet puppy was with me through some good times and some really bad times - He was my constant companion, and for a time he was my best and only friend. Whenever I was home he would give me a guilt trip the first day and then he'd let up and be by my side again. I always felt horribly guilty when I had to leave him at the end of the holidays. A piece of my heart broke off. I felt it shatter when I made the decision to do it. My parents were going to wait until I left, I didn't know they'd already made the decision. I told them I thought it was time and that I wanted to be there for him. My Dad said he'd take care of it, but I needed to be there for him and I'm really glad I could be there for him to the end, because he was always there for me.
Ugh. I can barely remember what my life was like without him. I was 10 when I got him and it's been 17 years....
Silly puppy!
I'll love him forever.



I also had to begin saying goodbye to another friend... my home. My parents bought a new home this past summer and moved all the stuff to the new house the weekend before I came down. I can't describe how wierd it was to see all my stuff in a different house... but not as wierd as it was to walk into my home and find it virtually empty. Before I moved up here I'd only ever lived in that house. The new house is REALLY nice and my new room is almost 4 times the size of my old one and it's BEAUTIFUL purple! (I got to pick it out)

Lesee....

I flew out of Texas on Monday morning, only to find myself stranded in the cities, alone, sick, and without my luggage. Nasty ice storm up north = airport closings. I was stuck there for two days, making my way back up here today.

Overall, I'm just really glad to be back, though I could have used more of a vacation. This one was too stressful and way too emotional for my liking. Hope Christmas goes smoother.

*edit*Oh, and then there was the 25 minutes I spent scraping the ice off my car, after the heater had melted it some.