Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Flackity flack...

Well people are glad we made the trip safely, but they're informing me that I'm insane/stupid to have gone in the first place.

Let me just say I knew perfectly well we had NO business whatsoever going, but since the other two weren't about to drop it - and I wasn't sure they'd be able to say, "Ok, this is too much we need to stop" – and because if anything had happened to them I would have been devastated... I went. I drove and I did my darndest to make sure they got there and back safely... and I succeeded. And the Assoc. Director of Res. Life thanked me today for making sure we got there and back safely.

When we got to the hotel that first night it was interesting to see how each of us dealt with the day...

Amy kept herself busy calling people, ironing and organizing for the next day.

Aya got in her pj's and watched Resident Evil. She says all the stress and violence of the movie makes her feel like her problems aren't nearly as bad.

I called my mom to tell her where we were, popped on my iPod and lay down on the bed to relax. It made me feel better, but I still wasn't able to sleep. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep, off and on, that night. My mind was replaying the day’s events, thanking the Lord we were safe, and wondering what the next day was going to be like.